Yamaha Motor unveiled the first ever scooter from Yamaha India, the new Yamaha Ray 113 in Hyderabad on Friday, which was first shown at the 2012 Auto Expo in New Delhi. This is one of the much awaited sporty scooters, specially maimed at girls. It claims to offer the best in class acceleration, good fuel efficiency with easy handling and maneuverability. It has a fresh and innovative styling to be a “Sophisticated & Dynamic” scooter. In other word, it has all the styling what a women will appreciate. For an example; it has a nicely designed seat that let riders an easy leg reach to the ground and ease of mounting in mind.
The 2012 Yamaha Ray has a powerful and fuel efficient 113cc four-stroke engine, which offers a decent 7Bhp of power at 7500rpm along with 8.1Nm of torque at 5,500rpm. This new scooter has both electric and kick starting system. It has Telescopic suspension for smooth drive on Indian roads and features a stylish tail-light with cut-lenses sparkle with bright and dynamic headlights.
Yamaha Ray 113 Specifications
- Air cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 2-valve engine
- Single cylinder and 113cc displacement
- Maximum power: 7.1PS@7500rpm
- Maximum torque: 8.1Nm/5000rpm
- Bore X stroke: 50 X 57.8mm
- Electric and kick starting system
- Comfortable seat with grab-bar
- Longer, movable mud fenders (guards)
- Telescopic suspension for smooth drive on Indian roads
- Stylish tail-light with cut-lenses sparkle
- Bright and Dynamic headlights
- Sparkling crystal lens panel
- Analogue speedometer and fuel-gauge
- Compact leg-shield
- 5 Ltrs fuel tank capacity
- 52 kmpl mileage
- 90/100-10 53J(Tube type) tyres
- Drum brake, 130mm diameter (Front)/(Rear)
- Telescopic/Unit Swing suspension (Front)/(Rear)
- CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition)
- Battery voltage/capacity: 12V,5.0Ah(10H)
- Headlight: 12V, 35W/35W X1, Halogen Bulb
- Dry, centrifugal Clutch
- V-belt automatic transmission
Yamaha Ray 113 Gallery:
This sporty scooter comes in a range of striking color options such as; Plush Pink, Purple Pastel, Shining Blue, Burgundy Bliss, Grey Grandeur and Black Star. The Yamaha Ray dimensions are (LxWxH) 1835 X 675 X 1075mm and kerb weigh about 104kg. The new scooter has 760mm seat height, 1270mm wheelbase and offers 128mm minimum ground clearance. Yamaha has just not pushed a scooter for women but also plan for a rider training program for them plus an assembly line that’s operated entirely by women for the Ray.
Yamaha RAY 113 Price in India: This sporty scooter Yamaha is priced at Rs.46,000/- (ex-showroom Delhi).