After an year release of the Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 (Samsung Galaxy Pop for India market) i.e unveiled last year during MWC 2011 (Mobile World Congress), the company is preparing to come up with the successor to it, called the Samsung Galaxy mini 2 GT-S6500. This new model is codenamed as the Samsung Jena. It seems as a low-end Android smartphone sitting between Samsung Galaxy Y and Galaxy Ace. Design-wise, the Samsung Galaxy mini 2 GT-S6500 has the rounded corners of the original mini, but looks quite similar to a baby Galaxy S with that same home button hump at the lower back. Just go deep in the topic to know more abut the Samsung Galaxy mini 2 GT-S6500.
Samsung Galaxy mini 2 Features
- 3.3-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors display
- Display resolution of 320 x 480 pixels, (~175 ppi pixel density)
- Touch-sensitive controls with Multitouch input method
- Accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Samsung’s TouchWiz UI
- Runs on Android v2.3 (Gingerbread) OS
- Powered by 800 MHz processor
- Support microSD card up to 32GB
- 3GB of internal memory
- 3.15 megapixels camera with 2048 x 1536 pixels
- MP4/H.264/H.263 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3 player
- Image/video editor
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 ( 2G network)
- HSDPA 900 / 1900 / 2100 ( 3G network)
- GPRS and EDGE support
- HSDPA up to 7.2 Mbps, HSUPA up to 2 Mbps
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP, EDR
- Uses microUSB v2.0 interface
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM, RSS
- ChatON messaging service
- HTML browser
- SNS integration
- Java via Java MIDP emulator
- Document viewer
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
- YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa integration
- Voice memo/dial
- Predictive text input
The Samsung Galaxy mini 2 S6500 is expected to be available sometime near future and that might debut at this Mobile World Congress. This new model, Galaxy mini 2 will come in Black/Orange flavor. Its sale pack contains the Samsung Galaxy mini 2, battery, charger, earphone, USB cable, user manual, warranty card.
Samsung Galaxy mini 2 GT-S6500 Price in India: The upcoming Samsung Galaxy mini 2 S6500 Android smartphone is expected to be available with a price tag of about Rs. 10,000/- (approximately).
Here are few more choices for you under this price range, which you should check.
Alcatel Blaze Duo: The new Alcatel Blaze Duo OT-918D Android smartphone will be available with a price tag of about Rs. 9,600/- (approximately). It’s a dual SIM and dual standby supported Android phone. It supports dual SIM cards in an interesting way that, they both go in the same slot. The first SIM card goes face down while the second one goes face up.
Fly Firebird: The Fly Firebird dual SIM Android smartphone will be available with a price tag of about Rs. 11,000/- (approximately). It bring a 3.75-inch capacitive touchscreen display and runs on Android v2.3.4 operating system with SPB Mobile Shell 3D interface.
LG Optimus Net Dual P698: The LG Optimus Net Dual P698 dual SIM smartphone is listed at a price of Rs. 11,150/- (Recommended Price) but you can purchase it from Flipkart (online store) for just Rs. 10,990/- or you can also go with LestBuy for just Rs. 10,499/-. It’s currently available in Brazil and Rusia with the name LG Optimus Link Dual.